Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Black Cat Wear Parts is a global manufacturer and supplier of quality ground engaging tools for construction, mining and road maintenance industries.
We are currently recruiting for Machine Operator positions in our DeWitt, Iowa manufacturing facility. Operators with industrial saw or CNC experience encouraged to apply.
The responsibilities of this role would include but are not limited to:
- Maintain safe work environment around equipment
- Produce quality parts in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate various manufacturing equipment daily to produce blades
- Set up and verify production parts for each new run
- Change tooling as required
- Layout parts to check dimensions
- Modify programs in response to problems
- Follow procedures in insert prep area to safely and efficiently place inserts into milled product
- Operate bull nose press to straighten product
- Follow procedures to paint product according to work order
- Operate reach trucks, fork-lifts, powered and un-powered pallet jacks to; load, unload, and move product.
- Correctly fill out daily inventory and inspection paperwork
Competencies and capabilities would include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of machine operation on comparable equipment
- Material handling with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Understand basic math for machining
- Ability to follow work instructions and to read drawings
- Team oriented
- Thrive in a diversified work environment
Experience considered an asset would include:
We seek candidates who are: safety and quality conscious, reliable, self-starters, willing to learn, ambitious and motivated to succeed, highly organized, team oriented, strong communicators.
These positions are for:
2nd shift – 3:30 pm to 2:00 am, Monday through Thursday
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- $19.00/hour (18.00 plus $1.00 shift differential) starting wage with incremental pay raises associated with progression through skill levels.
- Paid training
- Comprehensive group benefits including excellent medical and dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and company matched Simple IRA.
If you are interested in this key position, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your employment history, education, knowledge, skills and abilities in one of the following methods:
Mail or In Person:
Black Cat Wear Parts
224 Industrial Street
DeWitt, Iowa 52742
Attn: Human Resources